Boris Kovalchuk, Institute of High Current Electronics, Tomsk, Russia
Gennady Remnev, Institute of High-Technology Physics, TPU, Tomsk, Russia
- Discharges with runaway electrons
- High power microwaves
- Intense electron and ion beams
- Pinches, plasma focus and capillary discharge
- Pulsed power applications
- Pulsed power technology
Institute of Electrophysics UB RAS
Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation
- SOLID-STATE REPETITIVE PULSED POWER AT ELECTROPHYSICS INSTITUTE
Sergei N. Rukin was born in 1956. He received the M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering from Novosibirsk Electrical Engineering Institute, Novosibirsk, Russia, in 1978 and the Candidate Sci. and Doctor Sci. degrees from the Institute of High Current Electronics, Russian Academy of Science, Tomsk, Russia, in 1988 and 1998, respectively. He has been with the Institute of Electrophysics, Russian Academy of Science, Ekaterinburg, Russia, since 1986 and is currently the Head of the Pulsed Power Laboratory.
- Physics and technology of high-power solid-state switches
- Repetitive pulsed power
- High-current electronics
Honors and Awards
- State Award of the Russian Federation in science, 2002
- A 6 GW nanosecond solid-state generator based on semiconductor opening switch (2015) Review of Scientific Instruments, 86 (11), art. no. 114706. DOI: 10.1063/1.4936295
- High power thyristors triggering providing a subnanosecond closing time (2015) Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Power Modulator and High Voltage Conference, IPMHVC 2014, art. no. 7287200, pp. 31-34. DOI: 10.1109/IPMHVC.2014.7287200
- Generation of Electromagnetic Fields of Extremely High Intensity by Coherent Summation of Cherenkov Superradiance Pulses (2015) Physical Review Letters, 115 (11), art. no. 114802. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.115.114802
- High repetition rate multi-channel source of high-power rf-modulated pulses (2015) Review of Scientific Instruments, 86 (7). DOI: 10.1063/1.4926458
- A thyristor switch with a subnanosecond switching time (2015) Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 58 (3), pp. 376-380. DOI: 10.1134/S0020441215020189
- Ultra-high-power repetitive solid state DBD-based switching (2015) PPPS 2001 – Pulsed Power Plasma Science 2001, 1, art. no. 1002059, pp. 329-332. DOI: 10.1109/PPPS.2001.01002059
Sandia National Laboratories
Albuquerque, United States
- SANDIA-HIGH CURRENT ELECTRONIC INSTITUTE (HCEI) COLLABORATION IN FAST LTD DEVELOPMENT
Michael G. Mazarakis is an IEEE life member and emeritus member of the Executive committee of IEEE Power Modulation Conference and active member of the Executive Committee of Plasma Sciences and Applications (ICOPS). He is principal member of the technical staff in Sandia National Laboratories, Pulsed Power Center. Currently is senior project physicist of the radiographic Self Magnetic Pinch (SMP) diode research. He has done pivotal research in nuclear physics and technology, nuclear astrophysics, particle beam physics, accelerator development, z-pinch physics, and magnetic and inertial fusion, and developed and successfully directed for several years the Sandia radiographic program. Before joining Sandia National Laboratories he was research physicist at the Argonne National Laboratory (1976-81), and before that was vice president and director of the experimental program at the Fusion Energy Corporation (FEC), Princeton, NJ.
He holds a summa cum laude bachelor and master degree in physics from the National University of Athens, Greece, a PhD in Nuclear Physics from the University of Paris (Sorbonne), France, and a second PhD in Physics from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. He did postgratude work at Princeton Physics Dept. where he had the opportunity to take advance physics courses with the Nobel laureates professors James W. Cronin and Van. L. Fitch, and in the University of Pennsylvania with Robert J. Schrieffer.
He has published more than 200 papers in referee magazines and conferences.
He is member of the American Physical Society and of the divisions of Plasma Physics and Particle Beams.
- Conceptual designs of two petawatt-class pulsed-power accelerators for high-energy-density-physics experiments (2015) Physical Review Special Topics – Accelerators and Beams, 18 (11), art. no. 110401. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevSTAB.18.110401
- Millimeter-gap magnetically insulated transmission line power flow experiments (2015) Digest of Technical Papers-IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference, 2015-October, art. no. 7296902. DOI: 10.1109/PPC.2015.7296902
- Multi-pulse electron diode development for flash radiography (2015) Digest of Technical Papers-IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference, 2015-October, art. no. 7296965. DOI: 10.1109/PPC.2015.7296965
- Lifetime of the HCEI spark gap switch for linear transformer drivers(2015) Digest of Technical Papers-IEEE International Pulsed Power Conference, 2015-October, art. no. 7296875. DOI: 10.1109/PPC.2015.7296875
- The impact of plasma dynamics on the self-magnetic-pinch diode impedance (2015) Physics of Plasmas, 22 (3), art. no. 033113. DOI: 10.1063/1.4916062
- Direct measurement of the bi-polar ion current and anode-cathode (A-K) voltage in a self-magnetic pinch (SMP) diode (2015) ICOPS/BEAMS 2014 – 41st IEEE International Conference on Plasma Science and the 20th International Conference on High-Power Particle Beams, art. no. 7012699. DOI: 10.1109/PLASMA.2014.7012699
National Research Centre “Kurchatov Institute”
Moscow, Russian Federation
- RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF PLASMA FOCUS AT KURCHATOV INSTITUTE
Vyacheslav Krauz was born in 1952. He received the M.Sc. degree in Experimental Nuclear Physics (Plasma Physics) from Kharkov State University, Kharkov, USSR (Ukraine) in 1976 and the Ph.D. (Kandidat Nauk) degree in Physics and Chemistry of the Plasma from the Kharkov State University, Kharkov, USSR (Ukraine) in 1988. Since 1976 till 1992 he was engineer, researcher, leading researcher in Sukhumi Institute of Physics and Technology. Since 1992 he was senior researcher, leading researcher in NRC Kurchatov Institute. Since 1999 till now he is the Head of the Laboratory of Fast Processes at the National Research Center “Kurchatov Institute”. He is the official representative of Russia in the International Scientific Committee of the International Center for the Dense Magnetized Plasma (ICDMP).
- Plasma physics
- Pulse power
- Z-pinches and plasma focus
- Pulse sources of neutrons, X-rays, charged particles beams and plasma flows
- Pulse plasma application
- Laboratory astrophysics
Honors and Awards
- Study of soft X-ray emission during wire array implosion under plasma focus conditions at the PF-3 facility (2015) Plasma Physics Reports, 41 (11), pp. 882-894. DOI: 10.1134/S1063780X15110033
- Study of the interrelation between the electrotechnical parameters of the plasma focus discharge circuit and the plasma compression dynamics on the PF-3 and PF-1000 facilities (2015) Plasma Physics Reports, 41 (5), pp. 379-398. DOI: 10.1134/S1063780X15040030
- Study of parameters of plasma flows and their propagation in a background plasma in the plasma focus type facilities with different configuration of the discharge system (2015) Problems of Atomic Science and Technology, Series Thermonuclear Fusion, 38 (2), pp. 19-31.
- Magnetic field distribution in the plasma flow generated by a plasma focus discharge (2014) Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, 119 (5), pp. 910-923. DOI: 10.1134/S1063776114110168
- Development and study of a portable plasma focus neutron source (2014) Plasma Physics Reports, 40 (2), pp. 146-159. DOI: 10.1134/S1063780X1402007X
- Study of the implosion of wire arrays at the PF-3 facility (2014) Plasma Physics Reports, 40 (2), pp. 110-134. DOI: 10.1134/S1063780X14020032
We are glad to inform you that there is not much time left until the Vth International Congress on Energy Fluxes and Radiation Effects 2016 (EFRE2016) begins! We remind you that the Congress will be held......Read The Rest →
We are glad to inform you that following the results of the Congress the members of the Program Committee will recommend 10 selected papers for publishing in Vacuum journal (ISSN: 0042-207X, Impact Factor:......Read The Rest →
We cordially invite you to take part in the 5th International Congress on Energy Fluxes and Radiation Effects 2016 (EFRE2016).
The Congress unites three mutually related traditional International Conferences......Read The Rest →